Sunday, October 14, 2007

Shrike 3 -Software engineer's story

It was a Saturday cock-crow, I wake up in my bed and start searching for that troubling piece which stir me up!!!!
Eyes were pale, bed sheet was not ready to unhide my face. Very soon, my right hand began searching that Alarm near pillow where I usually keep that, and succeeded in turning it off ,which I forgot yesterday.

I was still feeling sleep of last entire week due to busy schedule.
So called System test was going on in company and returned to home 02:30 am, just after writing a concluding mail to Manager.

But It was not enough to my lord, Room mate had kept a surprise party, for his new IT job and was very enthusiastic at that post mid-night session also. Since, his last job was a lecturer in Private college, was not giving him financial satisfactions. Maybe his head has banged on some door pallet or maybe it was striking of lightning …but he suddenly got “Bramhya Gyan” about Friday Night and also, about following two days as weekends.

He took 3 bottle of Fruit juice wine from one packet, hidden behind the door. Being a Anti-liquor and mainstream person, I was surprised to see all that preparation.
I didn’t remember what was my exact words about consuming liquors ,rather about boozehounds, but what I remembered was I never experimented to examine it. We three roommates sat throughout the night around those 3 bottles. We were having a silent war between us, we thought we will give defeat to those 3 bottles. But I couldn’t fight for long, and slept around 5:30 am, and bottleneck won with me.

Suddenly, I felt in deep sleep and started dreaming about what is correct ? Did I done wrong ? why I have changed ?
I walked to one mirror, I saw some weird images inside, one was looking like Taurus, one was like young Lion and some faded ones.

A Taurus of five days becomes Lion for 2 days !!!!!!!!! Is that mirror image interpreting me ???
Still I was in my Dream and was feeling as if I am very cautious, and why not ? what was wrong ???

“What’s my Identification Factor ?” My mind suddenly refrained.
With Fix lumsum amount of money, What I am gaining … reduced sleep, Lack of exercise, some bad habits, a big belly , chain smoking, Disturbed routines with each dawn… the list was endless but then what about the Social Activities?

Is this all for living a true life ? For a moment, think about how dedicated you are about the company ? but think again how devoted about your own surrounding problems ?

I turned around, look back. There were only two things, one was mirror hanging on wall and other was me standing on ground. All others ware the problems
Facing me. I was not sure whether I am hanging upside down or the mirror. But I wanted to change this, starting from my own life. My decision was getting firm.
The Shrike like IT life is immobilizing my social activities, my personal Responsibilities. and lastly, I heard a sound “Trrrrrrrrrr Trrrrrrrrrrr Trrrrr……” in dream, which stir me up.

I washed the face, made a cup of hot Tea to awaken my senses, and then sat in balcony chair, roommates must be continuing their dreams, without distraction.
I stretched the hand, took Pune Times and searching for movies on 3 page.
Largely awaiting movie “Shrek 3” was released yesterday, with overwhelming response all over.

I pick my phone and called to Multiplex theater, and asked “Shrike 3” tickets and stumbled but after that, I smiled for a while.

Since then I am trying to overcome that with each upcoming day. Apart from this Professional career, I visit Temple once in a week, try to help others by any mode and I am much more satisfied and Happy now, like “Shrek”….

No comments: